Sunday 20 September 2009

Bev's Birthday

It's our beautiful daughter Bev's birthday next week and she prefers plainish things with minimum fuss, so I have to radically change my usual mindset to make her cards...! LOL!For this one, I've made a not quite DL size card (she's not fussed on large cards either...) using the white with green flowers cardstock for the front but trimming it with my scalloped scissors so it leaves a little of the card beneath showing. This, I have edged with a Lettuce inkpad (Adirondack) so it shows under the scallops.

I stamped a small square of white card with the two small stamps (bird & birdhouse) using the Lettuce inkpad again and mounted it on black card then edged the black card with a black inkpad so no white shows round the edge.

I cut a square of green Bazzil and corner-punched it before topping with a small square of patterned vellum. Using sticky-dots, I adhered this to the card.

The stamped, mounted image was then ahered onto the vellum with a couple of 3D foam squares.

Using a green fineliner, I then hand wrote 'Happy Birthday' around the green square.

To finish off the front I then tied a green ribbon around the spine and used a glue-pen to adhere some glitter dust to the bow.

I scanned the flowered card into my pc and reversed the colourway so pale flowers were on a green background and printed this on paper for the inner. which i also scalloped. My message was printed onto white paper and cut down with my scalloped scissors and adhered to the inside.

Thank you for looking - I hope you like it!
Hugs,
Ei
x

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I do love green.
    Thanks so much for what you said on Trimcraft about my Autumn Leaf Collage. I really appreciate your thoughts.
    If you pop over to my blog, you'll see that I'm celebrating something special at the moment and I'd hate you to miss out! I know what it's like keeping up with everyone's blogs.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great hun may be plain but it sure is elegant love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Ei, she's sure to love it. It's so hard to make cards for family members isn't it? You always feel they have to be extra special and this one certainly is.
    I love your pussy hangin around too, that made me smile.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, so good you can adapt your style to suit your daughter's tastes too. Had a look through your blog, you make some lovely stuff

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...