Sunday 4 April 2010

My Baby Fairy

I just love Mo Manning's images ....just in case you hadn't gathered that by now LOL! I just wish I could keep up pace buying them as fast as she produces them! If I win the lottery I shall buy the lot! This lickle darling is one of Mo's Fairy Babies and her name is Flora. Just how gorgeous is she...?



I actually bought and coloured her a couple of weeks ago but wanted to save her for a special challenge and what could be more fitting than Mo's own challenge?!

I've had a job taking the photo today as it's been so overcast. Of course, now I've managed to get it posted, the sun has just come out! Typical!

Mo's DP2 25
is asking for a Mo image in pastels, so here it is and I think it's one of my favourites so far. There! I've finally said it! I won't usually admit to a favourite of Mo's but lickle Flora has to be up there....she reminds me so much of my Ada!


Materials

1 x 21cm squ gatefold card.
1 x A5 pastel mint green cardstock, textured with my Sizzix Texture plate

1 x A5 pastel lilac Stardream (pearlescent) cardstock

1 x sheet of Laura Ashley Fresh Linen and Jasmine drawer-liner (Spotty aqua)
1 x 10cm squ piece of aqua glitter card
1 x Stamped and coloured image (mine is Flora Baby Fairy by Mo Manning)
2 x strips of a contrasting patterned paper approx 3.0cm x 19.0 cm
3D foam squares and adhesives of choice
Punches (mine are Martha Stewart)
Scalloped scissors
Flowers of choice - mine are Le Blanche
Inkpads of choice for distressing.



Method

1)Scallop edges of lilac card and cut in half lengthwise. Ink up scalloped edges with lilac pad of choice.

2)Take the green card and use a corner punch on all four corners. I used a Martha stewart punch then cut off the filigree bits, remaking them in the Laura Ashley paper and adhering in.

3)Take the Laura Ashley paper and use a border punch down the edges then cut to size 3.0cm x 19cm. You need two of these. Now ink up the fancy edge.

4)With the remaining Laura Ashley paperand a border & corner punch, create a 13.5cm square mat with lacy edging and adhere to white card for strength.

Construction

a) Take your base card and trim the two open edges with scalloped scissors.

b)
Take the two strips of the 2nd patterned paper and adhere approx 0.5cm in from scalloped open edges

c)Adhere the two Laura Ashley strips approx 0.5cm in from each folded edge.

d)Using 3D foam squares on the outside facing edge and ds tape on the other,
adhere the lilac card pieces on on each leaf with the scallop facing towards the outside edge.

e) Now adhere the green textured cards to the lilac cards with ds taps or sticky dots, ensuring the fancy corners are facing outwards.
That's your basic card done.

f) Now take your coloured image and adhere to the glittercard mat (I used glue gel so the glitter doesn't shed)

g) Adhere this whole to the fancy edges Laura Ashley and white card mat using 3D foam squares.

h) Take your DS tape and apply to the back of this mat on the left (facing you) side only alomg the outer edge. Apply another piece to the edge of the left hand leaf. Carefully offer the mat to the left leaf, ensuring you're placing it right in the middle of the whole card. It should stick only to the left hand (facing you) leaf.

i) Finish off with your embellishments/flowers. I used La Blanche flowers.

If liked decorate the inside of the card in similar mode. I made a mat with the Laura Ashley paper and my Martha Stewart Round the Page punches.

I deliberately didn't over-gussy this card as I didn't want to overpower the important feature - Flora.

Hope you like it!
Hugs,
Ei
x






.
.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image, gorgeous colouring, gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorjus hun love that image,reminds me of lisa when she was tiny,great colurs too hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so delicate! Love the pale pastels. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly gorgeous Ei. And that image is a must have! Thanks for sharing, eisey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeedy adorable and your colour choices are spot on! One fabulous card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Loving all the gorgeous pastel layers :)
    Thanks for joining Mo's challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card ei,love the pretty pastels and the dainty feel to the card,stunning
    happy crafting
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...