Saturday 22 January 2011

Allsorts of stuff......

I've finally returned to the land of entering challenges after what seems like an interminable length of time.  I still won't have time to enter many for a while yet but I've actually had a day off from Ada to watch Craft Day on QVC.


Craft Day was pants (...what is this fascination with KanBan card kits...? Can't see it I'm afraid!), so I made cards instead!  Well, when I say cards, I mean A card and finishing off another....
Nevertheless, I had a lovely, quiet, crafty day and my batteries were so replenished, I stripped and made our bed, sorted out my wardrobe and sorted and re-arranged my handbags!


So here I am, 2:30am...again!  And I wonder why I'm always tired! LOL!


Anyway, to get back on subject, here's my first challenge card of 2011.
I've made it for my son's lovely girlfriend (...I think anyway...I might just keep it myself....!LOL!) Jen as it's her birthday today and I do like her!


I'm entering it into Allsorts #81 Challenge,  who have a theme of teal and brown this week, which is a favourite of mine.




The papers are Daisy D's and the image is as you probably already know, Mo Manning's 'Patience'.
I'm very luck as I have resident inspiration in my baby granddaughter Ada, who is always cracking me up with her antics and 'far-too-clever-for-a two-year-old' gob!
Patience doesn't look anything like Ada but I recognise the look on that poor cat's face.......! Our Tabby runs and hides!
When Granddad took two and a half year old Ada to see Santa at a city centre store, Ada had her photo taken holding the paw of an enormous polar bear.
When she related the tale later to her Daddy, she said '....and I holded the big polar bear's paw!'
Antony made the mistake of asking 'Where was this?' Ada piped up with a withering look at her retard of a father '...on the end of his arm Daddy!'.
You couldn't make it up!


Hugs
Ei
x


4 comments:

  1. Ei, first of all I want to thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment on my Blog....I truly appreciate you taking the time doing so!! Now on to your card.....WOW, such wonderful detail in your coloring!! One day, maybe one day I will be able to color like that. Absolutely gorgeous card!!Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ei!! LOL...I just love your story and can relate all too well being the Nana of 5 granddaughters!! They keep life interesting :)I love this precious cards! I am now a follower of your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! Im sure your sons girlfriend will love it. Aren't grandbabies the best! They always come up with the funniest things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Ei, your coloring is always the best ! Hugs to clever Miss Ada! the other ei

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...