Sunday 8 May 2011

CCM Spot 45 - Inchies

......inchies...?  Inchies...? What in the name of all that's crafty are INCHIES...?  
I heard you! LOL!   I said much the same thing myself when our team-mate Cazro came up with this mad theme!


Apparently, inchies are, as might seem logical, little inch squares on which one creates a mini-work of art.  And over at Crafty CardMakers this week, our lovely Cazro, demands no less than three of these little blighters on our projects.


So, much head-scratching and umming and aah-ing later, a lickle light-bulb went off in the Eiglas walnut....I mean brain and it came up with a small idea!


Ages and ages ago I bought some small ornamental Chinese coins and they came in two little divided trays. I've long since used the coins but I kept the lickle trays thinking, 'they're cute, they might serve a purpose one day'.... That was about 1825 days ago, so I'm glad I didn't hold my breath! LOL


Anyway......here it is!





What I did was......


I painted the trays roughly with gold paint. (I ran out of acrylic, so I made my own with a painting medium and gold powder.)
I then painted over this with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in Picket Fence.
When this was dry, I wiped it over with a dry babywipe soaked in strong tea so the gold of the cracks was toned down a little and the white of the Picket Fence was aged a little.


Then I adhered a small hinge with Pinflair glue gel and a leaf ornament to the front.


When I was a child, I spent hours playing with my Mother's button-box, sorting them and tiding them (sad little child! LOL!) and these trays reminded me of that button-box as it was the same shape and had the same divisions so that decided what was going inside!


It had to be a selection of those same buttons I played with as a child! I kept my Mum's button-box and some of the buttons were quite old so these I used inside.


First I added a layer of Anna Griffin Clear Glass Finish and  a variety of micro-beads from Martha Stewart. Before it was dry, I pushed in the buttons.


Simples!


I may continue to add lickle bits over time and I look forward to having it displayed in my finally re-decorated hall in the Autumn!


Please pop over to CCM and have a look at the wonderful projects my clever teamies have come up with this week - they're amazing!


Hope you like it!
Hugs
Ei
x


Entered into
Annabelle Stamps - Squares (10) (F)

8 comments:

  1. You're so inventive, Ei! This is an amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, and what a great way to display those special buttons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ei this is fabulous! I have that lovely leaf clasp that you used on the lid. I bought it for a bracelet but it's way too weildy for that it would give the wearer wrist ache! Thanks for a great idea for using it.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love this!!!! Lots of Cazro's girls are playing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week too~~~~~~~We love having you all along~~~~~We're only just down the road Pop in anytime!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super creative take on the challenge! Looks pretty labor intensive! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute, inventive creation and a great take on the challenge!
    Thanks for sharing it with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!
    This is just stunning! I love it all! Your just so awesomely clever you are!
    Now why was I so scared to try this heee
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. just stunning and so unusual must have taken you ages
    great piece of work something different
    gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...