Monday 2 April 2012

Another Magnolia for Midweek Magnolias

I said I'd try to get another done for Midweek Magnolias, but in the meantime, my Ada saw the first one and declared she does '...love the card Nanny, but why has the little princess got no face? She's a bit scary....!' . 


 So, with that in mind, I made a slight adjustment as it's for her 4th birthday in about two week's time!  Can't upset the recipient now, can we?!






Apologies to our purists - I never think Tilda looks right with facial features now but on this occasion, Ada is the boss! LOL!


I've now finished the inner for Ada's card - had no daylight free to take photos this week - so here it is.






I've also given Tilda faces inside and my annual letter to Ada is inside the little pocket on the right in the form of a little booklet.


I think Ada will love it!


Hugs
Ei
x

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Ei, this is amazing, I can see why your sweet Ada would think Tilda a bit scary, she's one of many wee ones who think that way and some grown ups too. But we love her just the way she is. You gotta keep a 4yr old happy. Thanks hon for joining us again at Midweek Magnolias. xxx
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful. Love that ribbon and the flowers are so gorgeous and the layering is perfect! Beautiful 4th birthday card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! @ little Ada (I love that name!). Soooo many times I've heard it said that they look freaky without faces, personally I find them endearing - one of my best friends used to call them "Those things with hippo faces"!! LOL!

    Anyway, I truly love what you've done with Tilda, Eiglas, and more importantly, Ada will love it too. It's a beautiful Spring card with gorgeous happy colours and it really put a big smile on my face. It's another fab take on the sketch also! Thank you so much for your extra contribution to Midweek Magnolias! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, Lisa and Suzi!
    Thank you once again - it's so nice to have lovely comments on our work and I, for one, really appreciate the time taken to leave them. Having been active on several DT's I understand the cross-eyed look you end up with at the end of leaving 200 +odd comments! LOL!

    My little Ada is a hoot - as four year olds are and she doesn't pull her punches! She's also something of a whiz with the crafting stash herself and I can see her being as bad, if not worse than her Nanna, when she's a little older! She already saves the foil form her tiny bars of chocolate 'so we can craft with it later on'...! Heheheeee...!

    If you'd like to see her in action, scroll down a little on my blog and you'll see a little slideshow of her making her Mother's Day card.
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation Ei. Tilda looks soooooooo different with expressions, and I love how you have picked serveral different ones for her.

    I am sure Ada will love it too.

    Happy Easter

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...