Friday 14 March 2014

LOC Challenge 27 - Favourite Book

This month, the themes is 'Favourite Book' but being LOC, it has a dark twist.
I would have real trouble naming my favourite book - there are so many wonderful books that I've read and still more I've not got around to yet.

But from the darker side of my reading matter, there is no doubt who is right up there with my very favourites and that author is Edgar Allen Poe. 
I've read (and own) most of his tales and it's a toss up between 'The House of Usher' and 'The Raven' so for this time I've come down on the side of.....



....The Raven, not least because the amazing Teri Sherman of Delicious Doodles has drawn this magnificent image of that very bird.

Isn't it a fabulous drawing? I was so inspired by this one, I actually decided to make a book-cover for it and I wanted it to look like leather and so I used a technique I learned about eight or nine years ago called Faux Leather.

It's not a difficult technique but it IS rather messy! LOL!

I have started to make pages with techniques in, so they're easier to access in the tabs at the top of this page.

I've also used the 'Polished Stone' technique for the actual image. That to will be in the pages at some point - hopefully I'll get these in before this article goes live.

I hope you like my project and will pop over to 'Left of Centre' Challenge Blog to have a look at some of my teamies amazing work and to, perhaps, enter something yourself.

If you don't fancy this particular themes there is always an alternative theme available.


See you over there! ;)
Hugs
Ei
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...