Friday 25 April 2014

LOC Challenge #30 - Spring Fling

Spring is in the air...! :D  

How lovely has the weather been over Easter..? !  It's been a joy to see the sunshine and be able to walk the dogs without them coming home resembling some kind of mud-monster!

Over at Left Of Centre  Spring has sprung too - the theme this week is Spring Fling and we have two amazing sponsors who are offering prizes from their fab digistamp collections!

I've selected a Delicious Doodles image because a) it's really pretty and b) Teri Sherman, who does the drawing, is not only an amazing artist but a lovely lady too.

It's called 'Snowdrop Fairy' and can be found in her shop along with many other lovely images.




I gave it a fairly simple 'treatment' because I felt it is such a pretty, delicate image it needs no bells and whistles to improve it.  I just matted it onto black card, then aqua card and mounted it onto some pretty aqua paper I had in my stash (maker unknown I'm afraid!) .  The filigree black frame is a Spellbinders Labels One fancy die.

I did effect one little extra, I decoupaged the fairy and layered her with a little Pinflair glue, just to give a little extra dimension.

Please do pop over the LOC and have a look at my amazing teamies creations - they are very passionate about our little challenge blog and really do appreciate any love left on their personal blogs!

Why don't you have a go yourselves and try for one of the lovely prizes on offer?

Go on...! You know you want to.... ;) !
 Hugs 
Ei x



Entered into the following challenges.

http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty your right such a beautiful image so delicately coloured doesn't need a lot of other stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scrappy! Teri Sherman does some lovely images and I'm lucky enough to get to try them out! :D
      Hugs
      Ei x

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, thank you so much for entering our First New Challenge over at 'The Sister's of Craft' - Good Luck!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to come and leave your lovely comment Donna! I appreciate it! :D
      Hugs
      Ei x

      Delete
  3. So thats how flowers get to be so pretty
    Gorgeous image and beautifully 'presented
    Thank you for joining the Sisters of Craft very first challenge - hope we'll see you back again
    Pixie ( DT member)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pixie for your lovely comment - I shall return! ;)
      Hugs
      Ei x

      Delete
  4. gorgeous card! I absolutely love this fairy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, thank you so much for the lovely comment - I really appreciate the call-back and time taken! :D
      Hugs Ei x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous card love the colors fantastic coloring.Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Kay - it's very much appreciated. It's a lovely image to work with and, in truth, needs little ability to make it look beautiful. Hugs Ei x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card!!! LOVE the colors you used!! Absolutely beautiful!! Gorgeous coloring.. Wow!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, DT Member @ Delicious Doodles
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan..! You're making me blush - but do carry on! ;) lol! So happy you like my 'take' on Teri's lovely image. It was fun to work with.
      Hugs Ei x

      Delete
  7. Thankyou so much for taking the time to enter your gorgeous card into the sisters of craft challenge, good luck. Tina-Maree DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment!
I will try to respond where time allows.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Lots going on at Chez Eiglas... ;)

I've been home from work now for nearly three months - and it has been wonderful...! I've drawn, painted, had an amazing time with ...